Saturday, November 3, 2012

Establishing Professional Contacts and Expanding Resources

In my quest to expand my circle of early childhood professional contact to include international professionals I have emailed three organizations to make contact, but at this time have not heard back from them.  Additionally, I also emailed Roger Neugebauer with Child Care Exchange.  Roger and his wife Bonnie coordinate the World Forum so I asked him to assist me in making some international connections.  Roger has already emailed me back and copied on an email to some of his contacts.  I am hopeful that I will successfully will create my international connection.

The website I chose to explore is Child Care Aware of America formerly National Association of Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies.  I chose them because they provide a great voice to the early childhood community.  Additionally, they have recently gone through a re-branding process and they have updated and changed much of their information so I wanted to explore this website.  They completely re-designed their website and it full of resources and divided into three different categories early care providers, parents, and advocates.

I look forward to learning from my new international early childhood colleagues as well as learning from my classmates new connections as well.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Jill, I am too waiting on an international organization to email be back. I wish you the best of luck during your communicating with the international organization.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jill

    Hope you are successful in receiving an email. I too am looking forward to learning more from my colleagues about their contacts with early childhood professionals outside of the United States.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that you gain a great deal of information fromyour contacts. I as well have yet to hear from my contacts. I hope to hear from them soon however.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jill,

    Good effort in seeking to establish contacts. Perhaps, beyond e mail, you could attempt to put calls through.

    I like your excitement and attitude while you anticipate the reply.

    ReplyDelete