Saturday, May 12, 2012

My Favorite Children's Book

The "Very Hungry Caterpillar" by Eric Carle is my favorite children's book.  What I love about it is as a teacher you can truly integrate this book into every learning center in your classroom.  You can meet a variety of Early Learning Guidelines (ELG)with this book and right now in our state ELG is on the forefront of everyones mind.  I have this book is so many different versions, a board book, a big book, hard cover book, paperback book, 40th Anniversay edition, DVD of the book, flannel board story of the book, I have a large stuffed caterpillar and small stuffed caterpillar.  If you walk into my office it is very obviouse that I am obsessed with Eric Carle, but especially "The Very Hungry Caterpillar".  There is new version out that is "My First Hungry Caterpillar" for infants and toddlers.  I could plan an entire months worth of activities around this book so that is why it is my favorite book.

1 comment:

  1. I teach a class for 2 year olds, once a week for an hour and a half. I am using "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" as my theme for the month. I have been reading the book in circle time during each lesson. We also have art projects that incorporate fruit, caterpillars, and butterflies. Great choice for a favorite book!

    ReplyDelete