Saturday, August 18, 2012

When I think of Child Development

When I think of child development and how children learn the following quotes come to mind for me:

From there to here, from here to there, funny things everywhere--Dr. Seuss

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells.  Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.--Dr. Seuss

A person's a person, no matter how small.--Dr. Seuss



Do not to where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.--Ralph Waldo Emerson




3 comments:

  1. Jill,

    As always i appreciated your comments. You provided your fellow students with information that we could use now and throughout our Early Childhood field. I always looked forward to reading your comments because I knew that the information would always be useful to me and for that reason I made sure that I always read your comments. I look forward to hearing from you throughout our Educational journey at Walden.

    Brenda Palmer-Assian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jill,
    Thank you for your thoughtful responses! I greatly appreciated watching the powerful you tube video on the “Still Face Experiment”. Being confronted with an unresponsive person is a traumatic experience; lesson learned.
    I hope to continue working with you in the near future.
    Please, stay in touch! I posted my email address and Skype name in the student lounge.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill I must say I missed being in the same group for this class. I hope we catch each other again down the road. Have you joined the Early Childhood Organization that Walden just started? I think you would be an asset!

    ReplyDelete